Siding Repair and Installation Humble
Fix Home's Exterior
What is Fiber Cement Siding?
Currently the leading choice in siding. HardiePlank Fiber Cement Siding is a composite siding made of cement, wood fiber, and sand that have been cured with pressurized steam for stability and increased strength.
What Does It Look Like?
HardiePlank Fiber Cement Siding is available in a variety of styles, textures, patterns, sizes, and colors. Most fiber cement siding styles are also designed to look and feel like wood – only much stronger and more durable. Most of the time, fiber cement siding imitates the look of horizontal wood clapboards or imitation shingles during a roof repair.
House Siding Repair Humble
How HardiePlank Fiber Cement Siding Can Help
There are many advantages to using fiber cement siding. Here are some of them:
- Termite-resistant. Termites eat wood. The process of making fiber cement siding makes the wood fibers inedible for termites. Since they can’t eat it, termites will leave your siding alone.
- Moisture-resistant. Fiber cement siding, unlike wood, is not porous and won’t absorb moisture from the air or rain. This prevents rotting or damaging mold and mildew growth.
- Non-combustible. Fiber cement siding is fire-resistant which makes it ideal for areas with high fire risk.
- Durable. Most fiber cement siding come with 50-year manufacturer or material warranty. It is also thicker which makes it more resistant to cracking, peeling, swelling, chipping and other damages other siding materials are susceptible to.
- Suitable for most climates. Fiber cement siding works well in the heat of southwest states or in the cold of New England and northern climates.
- Low maintenance. If properly installed, fiber cement siding will last a long time and will only require periodic inspection. The look of fiber cement siding is also easily refreshed with paint since adheres to this type of siding without difficulty.
Siding Replacement in Humble, TX
How Does Fiber Cement Siding Compare to Other Residential Siding Materials?
- Price. Fiber cement siding generally costs more than vinyl siding but costs less than stucco, stone, or wood cladding.
- Versatility. Fiber cement siding is more versatile than vinyl and wood siding.
- Damage Resistance. Fiber cement siding is less susceptible to weather damage caused by wind storms or wind-borne debris compared to wood or vinyl. It also resists chipping and cracking better than masonry.
Where to Find Fiber Cement Siding…
There are many manufacturers of fiber cement siding but one of its best known suppliers is the James Hardie company. James Hardie fiber cement siding, known by the name “HardiePlank” carries a 50-year product warranty.
James Hardie has excellent reputation in fiber cement products, leading others in the industry to refer to the James Hardie fiber cement siding and siding from other manufacturers as “Hardie boards”. You can also ask an expert roof replacement contractor to procure James Hardie fiber cement siding for you.
Who can install hardiePlank Fiber Cement Siding?
It is recommended to have one of our local siding installation experts at our business, A+ Humble Roofing Company, install HardiePlank Fiber Cement Siding for your home. High quality workmanship matters as much as the quality of the material when it comes to siding.
When improperly installed, fiber cement siding may not last and may void your home insurance especially if you did it yourself. We are one such expert company that offers a service specializing in installing fiber cement siding for your house.